10:10 AMPosted by leather leathergloves on Friday, May 29, 2009
If you are a beginner, you will be surprised to see only the first or second paragraph in my posts. If you want to read the full post, you have to click on the Read more... link. I will share with you how to do it.
The function is called Post Summary. You can make a post summary function by adding a little code to your template code. But this code is for blogger layout template and does not work for classic template.
Please follow the steps below :
Step #1 :
- Login to blogger with your ID
- In the dashboard page , click Layout
- Click edit HTML tab
- Click the Download full template link. SAVE YOUR TEMPLATE FIRST (very important).
- Please mark the little box beside Expand Widget Templates. Wait for a moment.
- Go to your template code, and find this code:
- Delete the above code and replace it with this code:
- Click Save Template button
- Step #1 is done.
- Click Setting tab.
- Click formatting tab.
- Go to lower side. you will find a blank text are beside Post Template. Fill that blank text area with this code :
- Click Save settings button.
- Step #2 is done.
This is an example how to post: At the front page of your blog, it will show up like this: Finally, if you tried this hack without success, do not panic. Upload your backup template, and it will revert back to your template before you edited.
<span class="fullpost"> </span>
All right my friend, I think this should be enough. See you at my next post.
Modified from http://www.blogspottutorial.com/2007/12/make-post-summary-readmore-function.html - Kang Rohman